Online STEP Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about STEP file format
|Full name||Standard for the Exchange of Product model data|
|Type of format|
|Description||STEP is a neutral file format that allows the transfer of files between different CAD softwares. The development of STEP started in 1984 as a successor of IGES, SET and VDA-FS. STEP format (Standard for the Exchange of Product Data), is an ISO standard exchange format It is used for representing three-dimensional data in a format that can be recognized by multiple programs. ISO standard number: 10303.|
|Technical details||STEP formats can be used to exchange data between CAD, Computer-aided manufacturing, Computer-aided engineering, Product Data Management/EDM and other CAx systems (Computer-aided technologies). STEP is the same as STE and STP. The disadvantage is that a STEP file is not editable and the design tree of the model is not available either.|
|Associated programs||Dassault Systemes SolidWorks, AutoCAD, SolidWorks eDrawings Viewer, Unigraphics, Autodesk Inventor Fusion, IronCAD, IMSI TurboCAD, Autodesk Inventor Fusion, Rhinoceros, CATIA, Siemens Solid Edge, STEP Tools STEP File Browser, Kubotek USA KeyCreator, Free CAD.|
- 👍 What is the best STEP converter?
- AnyConv. Our STEP converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Mesh files to STEP?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to STEP" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download STEP files.
- 🔻 How do i change STEP to another format?
- Upload your STEP-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". STEP conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use STEP converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert STEP files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv STEP Converter is a multi-platform web service.