Online NEF Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about NEF file format
|Full name||Nikon Electronic Format|
|Developed by||Nikon Inc.|
|Type of format||Image File|
|Description||NEF, otherwise known as the Nikon Electronic Format, is Nikon's RAW file format. RAW file formats contain minimally processed data from the digital camera's image sensor - the metadata includes information about the lens, the settings, the camera's identification, and other data. RAW files are named so because they are not yet processed and ready to be printed or edited with a bitmap graphics editor. RAW image formats are intended to capture as closely as possible the scene's characteristics to include light intensity and colors.|
|Technical details||The structure of RAW files, including the ISO standard RAW image format ISO 12234-2, follows a common pattern - a short header, camera sensor metadata, image metadata such as exposure settings, camera, and lens model, date, and sometimes the location. A thumbnail, a smaller JPEG file for quick viewing, and the sensor image data. NEF is based on the TIFF format.|
|Associated programs||Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, Paint Shop Pro, Picasa, digiKam|
- 👍 What is the best NEF converter?
- AnyConv. Our NEF converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Image files to NEF?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to NEF" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download NEF files.
- 🔻 How do i change NEF to another format?
- Upload your NEF-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". NEF conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use NEF converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert NEF files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv NEF Converter is a multi-platform web service.