Online PCX Converter
Choose files or drag & drop them here.
Only you have access to your files.
All files will be deleted after one hour.
Information about PCX file format
|🔸 File format||PCX|
|🔸 Full name||Paintbrush Bitmap Image|
|🔸 File extension||.pcx|
|🔸 MIME type||application/pcx, application/x-pcx, image/pcx, image/x-pc-paintbrush, image/x-pcx, zz-application/zz-winassoc-pcx|
|🔸 Developed by||ZSoft Corporation|
|🔸 Type of format||Image File|
|🔸 Description||The .pcx file extension was developed in the 1980s by the ZSoft Corporation. It has since been superseded by other image formats such as png, gif, and jpeg. As a result, the file type is rarely used at present. However, certain scanning devices still output to the .pcx format.|
|🔸 Technical details||The PCX format was one of the first common bitmap image formats. A PCX file comprises three elements: the header, image data, and the 256 color palette. PCX utilizes a lossless compression technique. The compression technique used is not processor-intensive, which was an advantage at the time of development due to hardware's relatively limited processing power in the 1980s.|
|🔸 Associated programs||Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Paint, Windows Picture and Fax Viewer|
- 👍 What is the best PCX converter?
- Perhaps our PCX converter is the best. AnyConv is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Image files to PCX?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to PCX" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download PCX files.
- 🔻 How do i change PCX to another format?
- Upload your PCX-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". PCX conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use PCX converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert PCX files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv PCX Converter is a multi-platform web service.