Online PCX Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about PCX file format
|Full name||Paintbrush Bitmap Image|
|MIME type||application/pcx, application/x-pcx, image/pcx, image/x-pc-paintbrush, image/x-pcx, zz-application/zz-winassoc-pcx|
|Developed by||ZSoft Corporation|
|Type of format||Image File|
|Description||The .pcx file extension was developed in the 1980s by the ZSoft Corporation. It has since been superseded by other image formats such as png, gif, and jpeg. As a result, the file type is rarely used at present. However, certain scanning devices still output to the .pcx format.|
|Technical details||The PCX format was one of the first common bitmap image formats. A PCX file comprises three elements: the header, image data, and the 256 color palette. PCX utilizes a lossless compression technique. The compression technique used is not processor-intensive, which was an advantage at the time of development due to hardware's relatively limited processing power in the 1980s.|
|Associated programs||Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Paint, Windows Picture and Fax Viewer|
- 👍 What is the best PCX converter?
- AnyConv. Our PCX converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Image files to PCX?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to PCX" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download PCX files.
- 🔻 How do i change PCX to another format?
- Upload your PCX-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". PCX conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use PCX converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert PCX files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv PCX Converter is a multi-platform web service.