Online PGM Converter
Select files for conversion or just drag and drop them to the upload area
Information about PGM file format
|Full name||PGM, Portable Gray Map Image|
|Developed by||Jef Poskanzer|
|Type of format||Raster image|
|Description||PGM files are known as portable graymap files and contain grayscale image information. These files can be saved in two representations, either as plain (ASCII) text or binary. In which way the PGM is saved is apparent in the file header. If the header contains the string "P2" it is a text format, if it contains the string "P5", it's a binary representation. Binary PGM files can contain more than one image. This is not possible for the text-based PGM. It is limited to one image.|
|Technical details||Portaple Gray Map Images can be encoded using either one byte or two bytes per pixel, representing either 8 or 16 bits. The file header contains different information such as the width and height of the image and the maximum number of black and white shades. The information is stored in a grit format, consisting of different numbers. These numbers represent the grayscale shades of the image, ranging from black (0) to white (65.536).|
|Associated programs||ACD Systems ACDSee 18, ACD System Canvas 15, Adobe Photoshop with plug-in, Corel PaintShop Pro X8, GIMP, Inkscape, Netpbm|
- 👍 What is the best PGM converter?
- AnyConv. Our PGM converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Image files to PGM?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to PGM" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download PGM files.
- 🔻 How do i change PGM to another format?
- Upload your PGM-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". PGM conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use PGM converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert PGM files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv PGM Converter is a multi-platform web service.