Online PLY Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about PLY file format
|Full name||Polygon File Format|
|Developed by||Greg Turk, Stanford University|
|Type of format|
|Description||PLY is a computer file format known as the Polygon File Format or the Stanford Triangle Format. It was principally designed to store three-dimensional data from 3D scanners. The data storage format supports a relatively simple description of a single object as a list of nominally flat polygons. A variety of properties can be stored, including: color and transparency, surface normals, texture coordinates and data confidence values. The format permits one to have different properties for the front and back of a polygon. There are two versions of the file format, one in ASCII, the other in binary.|
|Technical details||Files are organised as a header, that specifies the elements of a mesh and their types, followed by the list of elements itself. The elements are usually vertices and faces, but may include other entities such as edges, samples of range maps, and triangle strips. The header of both ASCII and binary files is ASCII text. Only the numerical data that follows the header is different between the two versions. The header always starts with a "magic number", a line containing "ply" which identifies the file as a PLY file.|
|Associated programs||MeshLab, quick3D|
- 👍 What is the best PLY converter?
- AnyConv. Our PLY converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Mesh files to PLY?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to PLY" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download PLY files.
- 🔻 How do i change PLY to another format?
- Upload your PLY-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". PLY conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use PLY converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert PLY files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv PLY Converter is a multi-platform web service.