Online STL Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about STL file format
|Full name||Stereolithography File Format|
|Developed by||3D Systems|
|Type of format|
|Description||STL is a file format native to the stereolithography CAD software created by 3D Systems. This file format is supported by many other software packages. It is widely used for rapid prototyping, 3D printing and computer-aided manufacturing. STL files describe only the surface geometry of a three-dimensional object without any representation of color, texture or other common CAD model attributes. The STL format specifies both ASCII and binary representations. Binary files are more common, since they are more compact.|
|Technical details||An STL file describes a raw, unstructured triangulated surface by the unit normal and vertices (ordered by the right-hand rule) of the triangles using a three-dimensional Cartesian coordinate system. In the original specification, all STL coordinates were required to be positive numbers, but this restriction is no longer enforced and negative coordinates are commonly encountered in STL files today. STL files contain no scale information, and the units are arbitrary.|
|Associated programs||TurboCAD, GOM Inspect, STL Viewer, Geomagic Explorer, Parametric Technology Creo, Dassault Systemes CATIA, KeyCreator, MeshLab, SolidWorks, Pro/Engineer, CloudCompare, Blender, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, Autodesk Inventor, Mechanical Desktop|
- 👍 What is the best STL converter?
- AnyConv. Our STL converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Mesh files to STL?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to STL" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download STL files.
- 🔻 How do i change STL to another format?
- Upload your STL-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". STL conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use STL converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert STL files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv STL Converter is a multi-platform web service.