Online STL Converter
Choose files or drag & drop them here.
Only you have access to your files.
All files will be deleted after one hour.
Information about STL file format
|🔸 File format||STL|
|🔸 Full name||Stereolithography File Format|
|🔸 File extension||.stl|
|🔸 MIME type||model/stl, model/x.stl-ascii, model/x.stl-binary|
|🔸 Developed by||3D Systems|
|🔸 Type of format|
|🔸 Description||STL is a file format native to the stereolithography CAD software created by 3D Systems. Many other software packages support this file format. It is widely used for rapid prototyping, 3D printing, and computer-aided manufacturing. STL files describe only the surface geometry of a three-dimensional object without representing color, texture, or other common CAD model attributes. The STL format specifies both ASCII and binary representations. Binary files are more common since they are more compact.|
|🔸 Technical details||An STL file describes a raw, unstructured triangulated surface by the unit normal and vertices (ordered by the right-hand rule) of the triangles using a three-dimensional Cartesian coordinate system. All STL coordinates were required to be positive numbers in the original specification, but this restriction is no longer enforced, and negative coordinates are commonly encountered in STL files today. As a result, STL files contain no scale information, and the units are arbitrary.|
|🔸 Associated programs||TurboCAD, GOM Inspect, STL Viewer, Geomagic Explorer, Parametric Technology Creo, Dassault Systemes CATIA, KeyCreator, MeshLab, SolidWorks, Pro/Engineer, CloudCompare, Blender, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, Autodesk Inventor, Mechanical Desktop|
Convert from STL
Convert to STL
- 👍 What is the best STL converter?
- Perhaps our STL converter is the best. AnyConv is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Mesh files to STL?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to STL" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download STL files.
- 🔻 How do i change STL to another format?
- Upload your STL-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". STL conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use STL converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert STL files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv STL Converter is a multi-platform web service.