Online DOTX Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about DOTX file format
|Full name||DOTX, Word Open XML Document Template|
|Type of format||Document|
|Description||DOTX files are, like DOT files, template files created by Microsoft's word processing programs. These template files include information like layout and setting, different styles, AutoText, macros, and toolbars. By using a DOTX file, creating documents with the same formatting is made a lot easier. There are DOTX files already generated by the Microsoft Word program, but by altering the so-called Normal. DOTX file lets users create their template files, for example, for business letters or envelopes.|
|Technical details||In contrast to DOT files, files with the DOTX extension use the newer and higher developed XML-based document format of Microsoft Word, introduced to the Microsoft Office package in 2007. Thus, DOTX files can be opened by any Microsoft Word 2007 and newer and older versions that support the Open XML component. In addition, DOTX files inherit the XML architecture alongside ZIP compression to keep the file size relatively low.|
|Associated programs||Microsoft Word 2013, Apache OpenOffice, LibreOffice|
- 👍 What is the best DOTX converter?
- AnyConv. Our DOTX converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Document files to DOTX?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to DOTX" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download DOTX files.
- 🔻 How do i change DOTX to another format?
- Upload your DOTX-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". DOTX conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use DOTX converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert DOTX files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv DOTX Converter is a multi-platform web service.