Online JAR Converter
Select files for conversion or just drag and drop them to the upload area
Information about JAR file format
|Full name||JAR, Java Archive File|
|Developed by||Netscape, Sun Microsystems, Oracle Corporation|
|Type of format||Archive|
|Description||JAR is a framework used to group different classes of java files (programs and software) and other resources and data related to it (images, texts, etc). Thus, their further easy distribution across the java platform has been simplified and became more user friendly. With JRE installed on computers and mobile phones, it can run as an independent program as well as serve as a program library. They are used by mobile games to store game data, and Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird, and other products to store themes and add-ons.|
|Technical details||Built on the ZIP file format, the JAR files can be retrieved or developed from scratch using the jar command and tools provided by JDK. An option to digitally sign those archives using the jarsign tools is also available. These files serve an extensive purpose for they also support optional manifest files, CLASS files, and application resources.|
|Associated programs||Oracle Java Runtime Environment, Corel WinZip Mac Edition 3, Apple Jar Launcher, Web Browsers|
- 👍 What is the best JAR converter?
- AnyConv. Our JAR converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Archive files to JAR?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to JAR" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download JAR files.
- 🔻 How do i change JAR to another format?
- Upload your JAR-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". JAR conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use JAR converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert JAR files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv JAR Converter is a multi-platform web service.