Online MOD Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about MOD file format
|Full name||Tapeless Camcorder Movie File|
|Type of format||Video File|
|Description||Panasonic and JVC developed the MOD file format for camcorders that record onto a hard disk or SD memory card rather than tape. MOD continues to be the format of choice for many camcorder manufacturers. The file type is very similar to MPEG2 format. MOD files are capable of containing both standard definition and high definition video. However, many manufacturers use the TOD file format instead, allowing for full 1080i high definition.|
|Technical details||A .mod file supports a maximum resolution of 720 x 480 and a video signal of 480i or 576i. The supported frame aspect ratios are 4:3 or 16:9. However, in some situations, decoders fail to detect the correct aspect and display in 4:3. A separate file is created along with the MOD file called an MOI file. This records metadata relating to the recording, such as date, time, etc. This format should not be confused with the MOD sound file format, developed in the 1980s for early Amiga consoles.|
|Associated programs||Quicktime Player, VLC Media Player, Windows Media Player|
- 👍 What is the best MOD converter?
- AnyConv. Our MOD converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Video files to MOD?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to MOD" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download MOD files.
- 🔻 How do i change MOD to another format?
- Upload your MOD-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". MOD conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use MOD converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert MOD files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv MOD Converter is a multi-platform web service.