Online MPEG Converter
Select files for conversion or just drag and drop them to the upload area
Information about MPEG file format
|Full name||MPEG - Motion Picture Experts Group file interchange format (version 1)|
|File extension||.mpg, .mpeg, .mp1, .mp2, .m1v, .mpv|
|Developed by||ISO, IEC|
|Type of format||video, container|
|Description||MPEG-1 is a standard for lossy compression of video and audio. It is designed to compress VHS-quality raw digital video and CD audio down to 1.5 Mbit/s (26:1 and 6:1 compression ratios respectively) without excessive quality loss, making video CDs, digital cable/satellite TV and digital audio broadcasting (DAB) possible.|
|Technical details||MPEG-1 Video exploits perceptual compression methods to significantly reduce the data rate required by a video stream. It reduces or completely discards information in certain frequencies and areas of the picture that the human eye has limited ability to fully perceive. It also exploits temporal and spatial redundancy common in video to achieve better data compression than would be possible otherwise.|
|Associated programs||Windows Media Player, MPlayer, Media Player Classic, VLC Media Player, K-Multimedia Player|
- 👍 What is the best MPEG converter?
- AnyConv. Our MPEG converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Video files to MPEG?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to MPEG" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download MPEG files.
- 🔻 How do i change MPEG to another format?
- Upload your MPEG-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". MPEG conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use MPEG converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert MPEG files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv MPEG Converter is a multi-platform web service.