Online AC3 Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about AC3 file format
|Full name||Audio Coding 3|
|MIME type||audio/ac3, audio/vnd.dolby.dd-raw, audio/x-ac3|
|Developed by||Dolby Digital|
|Type of format||Music File|
|Description||AC3 is an audio file specifically developed by Dolby Digital to provide surround sound audio. The format is used for audio on many DVD and Blu-Ray media. In order for the file to be correctly decoded and output, a DVD player with a Dolby Digital compatible home cinema system is required. It became the de facto standard for surround sound, and has held that position since its inception in 1992, with it coming to home cinema in 1995.|
|Technical details||AC3 allows for separate audio to be defined for each of the 6 speakers in the standard cinema and home cinema setup. This produces the effect of surround sound to the person listening to the audio file. The six channels consist of right front, center, left front, rear right, rear left and a sub woofer.|
|Associated programs||QuickTime Player, VLC Media Player, Windows Media Player|
- 👍 What is the best AC3 converter?
- AnyConv. Our AC3 converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Audio files to AC3?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to AC3" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download AC3 files.
- 🔻 How do i change AC3 to another format?
- Upload your AC3-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". AC3 conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use AC3 converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert AC3 files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv AC3 Converter is a multi-platform web service.