Online AIF Converter
Choose files or drag & drop them here.
Only you have access to your files.
All files will be deleted after one hour.
Information about AIF file format
|🔸 File format||AIF|
|🔸 Full name||AIF, Audio Interchange File Format|
|🔸 File extension||.aif|
|🔸 MIME type||audio/aiff|
|🔸 Developed by||Apple Inc|
|🔸 Type of format||Audio|
|🔸 Description||AIF (or AIFF) refers to the Audio Interchange File Format. It is the standard for storing sound data on PCs and electronic devices developed by Apple Inc. using EA’s Interchange File Format. AIF file audio data is uncompressed pulse modulation. Compressed versions are known as AIFF-C or AIFC. Unlike MP3 files, AIF is uncompressed, useful for streaming multiple audio files between disks and applications. For example, one minute of stereo audio uses approximately 10MB of storage space at a rate of 44.1 kHz and a bit depth of 16 bits. In addition, loop point data and samples are usable in AIF files.|
|🔸 Technical details||The AIF file type was created during the development of the MAC OS X operating system. The little-endian AIFF type (AIFF-C/sowt) is "pseudo-compressed" and is used as a standard for importing and exporting iTunes audio. Those files are still defined as AIF but go unnoticed by users due to the near-identical quality of the sowt and normal files. The main difference is that older OS may not play the AIFF-C/sowt files or ask for conversion before continuing. AIF files contain various chunks, including Marker Chunk, Instrument Chunk, Common Chunk, Sound Data Chunk, Name Chunk, Copyright Chunk, Author Chunk, etc.|
|🔸 Associated programs||Windows Media Player, Apple Quicktime, Winamp, VLC Media Player|
- 👍 What is the best AIF converter?
- Perhaps our AIF converter is the best. AnyConv is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Audio files to AIF?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to AIF" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download AIF files.
- 🔻 How do i change AIF to another format?
- Upload your AIF-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". AIF conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use AIF converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert AIF files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv AIF Converter is a multi-platform web service.