Online AIF Converter
Select files for conversion or just drag and drop them to the upload area
Information about AIF file format
|Full name||AIF, Audio Interchange File Format|
|Developed by||Apple Inc|
|Type of format||Audio|
|Description||AIF (or AIFF) refers to the Audio Interchange File Format. It is the standard for storing sound data to PCs and electronic devices developed by Apple Inc. using EA’s Interchange File Format. AIF file audio data is uncompressed pulse modulation. Compressed versions are known as AIFF-C or AIFC. Unlike MP3 files, AIF is uncompressed, which is useful for streaming of multiple audio files between disks and applications. One minute of stereo audio uses approximately 10MB of storage space at a rate of 44.1 kHz and a bit depth of 16 bits. Loop point data and samples are usable in AIF files.|
|Technical details||The AIF file type was created at the development of the MAC OS X operating system. The little-endian AIFF type (AIFF-C/sowt) is “pseudo-compressed,” and is used as a standard for the importing and exporting of iTunes audio. Those files are still defined as AIF but go unnoticed by users due to the near identical quality of the sowt and normal files. The main difference is that older OS may not play the AIFF-C/sowt files or they will ask for a conversion before continuing. AIF files contain various chunks, including: Marker Chunk, Instrument Chunk, Common Chunk, Sound Data Chunk, Name Chunk, Copyright Chunk, Author Chunk, etc.|
|Associated programs||Windows Media Player, Apple Quicktime, Winamp, VLC Media Player|
- 👍 What is the best AIF converter?
- AnyConv. Our AIF converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Audio files to AIF?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to AIF" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download AIF files.
- 🔻 How do i change AIF to another format?
- Upload your AIF-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". AIF conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use AIF converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert AIF files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv AIF Converter is a multi-platform web service.