Online DSS Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area. Max file size: 100 MB.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about DSS file format
|Full name||Digital Speech Standard File|
|Developed by||International Voice Association|
|Type of format||Audio File|
|Description||Digital Speech Standard (DSS) is a proprietary compressed digital audio file format defined by the International Voice Association, a co-operative venture by Olympus, Philips and Grundig. DSS was originally developed in 1994 by Grundig with the University of Nuremberg. In 1997, the digital speech standard was released, which was based on the previous codec. It is commonly used on digital dictation recorders. Modern phycoacoustical codecs that perform nearly as well at only slightly higher bitrates have led to this speech coding standard being less used in modern voice recording equipment.|
|Associated programs||Winamp, Apple QuickTime Player, Microsoft Windows Media Player, RealPlayer|
- 👍 What is the best DSS converter?
- AnyConv. Our DSS converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Audio files to DSS?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to DSS" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download DSS files.
- 🔻 How do i change DSS to another format?
- Upload your DSS-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". DSS conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use DSS converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert DSS files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv DSS Converter is a multi-platform web service.