Online DSS Converter
Choose files or drag & drop them here.
Only you have access to your files.
All files will be deleted after one hour.
Information about DSS file format
|🔸 File format||DSS|
|🔸 Full name||Digital Speech Standard File|
|🔸 File extension||.dss|
|🔸 MIME type||audio/x-dss|
|🔸 Developed by||International Voice Association|
|🔸 Type of format||Audio File|
|🔸 Description||Digital Speech Standard (DSS) is a proprietary compressed digital audio file format defined by the International Voice Association, a cooperative venture by Olympus, Philips, and Grundig. DSS was initially developed in 1994 by Grundig with the University of Nuremberg. In 1997, the digital speech standard was released, which was based on the previous codec. It is commonly used on digital dictation recorders. However, modern psychoacoustical codecs that perform nearly as well at only slightly higher bitrates have led to this speech coding standard being less used in modern voice recording equipment.|
|🔸 Technical details|
|🔸 Associated programs||Winamp, Apple QuickTime Player, Microsoft Windows Media Player, RealPlayer|
- 👍 What is the best DSS converter?
- Perhaps our DSS converter is the best. AnyConv is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Audio files to DSS?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to DSS" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download DSS files.
- 🔻 How do i change DSS to another format?
- Upload your DSS-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". DSS conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use DSS converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert DSS files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv DSS Converter is a multi-platform web service.