Online WMF Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about WMF file format
|Full name||Windows Metafile|
|MIME type||application/x-msmetafile, application/wmf, application/x-wmf, image/wmf, image/x-wmf, image/x-win-metafile, zz-application/zz-winassoc-wmf|
|Type of format||Image File|
|Description||Developed by Microsoft, the .wmf format is a proprietary graphics file type. WMF was first designed to act as a format that allowed vector graphics to be converted to bitmap images and vice versa. The WMF acted as a bridge file, enabling compatibility between the two formats. As a new platform, independent image formats such as JPEG have developed the need for bridging files such as WMF was removed. The most well-known use of the file type is for the early incarnations of clip art bundled with Microsoft Office.|
|Technical details||A .wmf file may contain both vector graphics and bitmap images to enable portability between two incompatible platforms. In addition, the file contains a list of instructions that allows the graphics device to understand how to render the file. It is a 16-bit file.|
|Associated programs||Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Word, QuarkXPress|
- 👍 What is the best WMF converter?
- AnyConv. Our WMF converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Image files to WMF?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to WMF" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download WMF files.
- 🔻 How do i change WMF to another format?
- Upload your WMF-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". WMF conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use WMF converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert WMF files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv WMF Converter is a multi-platform web service.