Online AVI Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about AVI file format
|Full name||AVI - Microsoft Audio/Visual Interleaved|
|MIME type||video/vnd.avi, video/avi, video/msvideo, video/x-msvideo|
|Type of format||video file format|
|Description||Audio Video Interleaved (also Audio Video Interleave), known by its initials AVI, is a multimedia container format introduced by Microsoft in November 1992 as part of its Video for Windows software. AVI files can contain both audio and video data in a file container that allows synchronous audio-with-video playback.|
|Technical details||AVI is a derivative of the Resource Interchange File Format (RIFF), which divides a file's data into blocks, or "chunks." Each "chunk" is identified by a FourCC tag. An AVI file takes the form of a single chunk in a RIFF formatted file, which is then subdivided into two mandatory "chunks" and one optional "chunk".|
|Associated programs||Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, Avidemux, AviSynth, Adobe After Effects, Media Player Classic, VLC.|
- 👍 What is the best AVI converter?
- AnyConv. Our AVI converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Video files to AVI?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to AVI" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download AVI files.
- 🔻 How do i change AVI to another format?
- Upload your AVI-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". AVI conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use AVI converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert AVI files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv AVI Converter is a multi-platform web service.