Online HEIC Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about HEIC file format
|Full name||HEIC, High Efficiency Image Format|
|Developed by||Moving Pictures Experts Group|
|Type of format||Raster image|
|Description||HEIC is the new standard image format introduced by Apple with its 2017 update from iOS 10 to iOS 11. It is also known under the acronym of HEIF which stands for High Efficiency Image Format. The HEIC format was developed by MPEG (Moving Picture Experts Group) which are otherwise known for video and audio formats such as MP3 or MP4. Being the new default or standard image format for iOS 11 devices, HEIC was designed to replace the JPG format. It's smaller in size with comparable quality while also supporting transparency. Furthermore, HEIC files can contain several images which fits Apple's "Live Photo" functionality. Furthermore, it stores information about image editing like rotation and cropping which enables the user to revert the changes later on.|
|Technical details||The lossy compressed HEIC format is based on HEVC (High Efficiency Video Compression), which was also developed by MPEG. Together with transparency and the ability to store more than one image, HEIC files can also contain 16-bit colors, whereas JPG files can only support 8-bit. HEIC files still have some compatibility issues, even though they are already posted and saved to social media or cloud storage as JPG images since they are automatically converted. Third-party apps or computer programs can still have difficulties interpreting HEIC files though. Luckily, you can disable saving images as HEIC on a iOS 11 device by going to Settings > Camera > Formats > Most Compatible, which will force iOS 11 to save images in the JPEG format.|
|Associated programs||Apple iOS (iOS), Apple Photos (Mac), Dropbox (Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android)|
- 👍 What is the best HEIC converter?
- AnyConv. Our HEIC converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Image files to HEIC?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to HEIC" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download HEIC files.
- 🔻 How do i change HEIC to another format?
- Upload your HEIC-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". HEIC conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use HEIC converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert HEIC files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv HEIC Converter is a multi-platform web service.