Online GIF Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about GIF file format
|Full name||GIF - CompuServe Graphics Interchange Format|
|Type of format||lossless bitmap image format|
|Description||The Graphics Interchange Format (better known by its acronym GIF) is a bitmap image format introduced by CompuServe in 1987. It has since come into widespread usage on the World Wide Web due to its wide support and portability.|
|Technical details||GIF supports up to 8 bits per pixel for each image, allowing a single image to reference its palette of up to 256 different colors chosen from the 24-bit RGB color space. In addition, GIF images are compressed using the Lempel-Ziv-Welch (LZW) lossless data compression technique to reduce the file size without degrading the visual quality.|
|Associated programs||Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Adobe Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, the GIMP, ImageMagick, IrfanView, Pixel image editor, Paint.NET.|
- 👍 What is the best GIF converter?
- AnyConv. Our GIF converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Image files to GIF?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to GIF" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download GIF files.
- 🔻 How do i change GIF to another format?
- Upload your GIF-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". GIF conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use GIF converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert GIF files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv GIF Converter is a multi-platform web service.