Online GIF Converter
Choose files or drag & drop them here.
Only you have access to your files.
All files will be deleted after one hour.
Information about GIF file format
|🔸 File format||GIF|
|🔸 Full name||GIF - CompuServe Graphics Interchange Format|
|🔸 File extension||.gif|
|🔸 MIME type||image/gif|
|🔸 Developed by||CompuServe|
|🔸 Type of format||lossless bitmap image format|
|🔸 Description||The Graphics Interchange Format (better known by its acronym GIF) is a bitmap image format introduced by CompuServe in 1987. It has since come into widespread usage on the World Wide Web due to its wide support and portability.|
|🔸 Technical details||GIF supports up to 8 bits per pixel for each image, allowing a single image to reference its palette of up to 256 different colors chosen from the 24-bit RGB color space. In addition, GIF images are compressed using the Lempel-Ziv-Welch (LZW) lossless data compression technique to reduce the file size without degrading the visual quality.|
|🔸 Associated programs||Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Adobe Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, the GIMP, ImageMagick, IrfanView, Pixel image editor, Paint.NET.|
Convert from GIF
Convert to GIF
- 👍 What is the best GIF converter?
- Perhaps our GIF converter is the best. AnyConv is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Image files to GIF?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to GIF" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download GIF files.
- 🔻 How do i change GIF to another format?
- Upload your GIF-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". GIF conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use GIF converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert GIF files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv GIF Converter is a multi-platform web service.