Online TAR Converter
Choose files or drag & drop them here.
Only you have access to your files.
All files will be deleted after one hour.
Information about TAR file format
|🔸 File format||TAR|
|🔸 Full name||TAR - Tape Archive|
|🔸 File extension||.tar|
|🔸 MIME type||application/x-tar|
|🔸 Developed by||Jean-loup Gailly|
|🔸 Type of format||File archiver|
|🔸 Description||In computing, tar is a computer software utility for collecting many files into one archive file, often referred to as a tarball, for distribution or backup purposes. The data sets created by tar contain various file system parameters, such as timestamps, ownership, file access permissions, and directory organization.|
|🔸 Technical details||A tar archive file contains uncompressed byte streams of the files which it contains. Various compression programs are available to archive compression, such as gzip, bzip2, xz, lzip, lzma, or compress, which compress the entire tar archive.|
|🔸 Associated programs||TAR|
- 👍 What is the best TAR converter?
- Perhaps our TAR converter is the best. AnyConv is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Archive files to TAR?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to TAR" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download TAR files.
- 🔻 How do i change TAR to another format?
- Upload your TAR-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". TAR conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use TAR converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert TAR files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv TAR Converter is a multi-platform web service.