Online TAR Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about TAR file format
|Full name||TAR - Tape Archive|
|Developed by||Jean-loup Gailly|
|Type of format||File archiver|
|Description||In computing, tar is a computer software utility for collecting many files into one archive file, often referred to as a tarball, for distribution or backup purposes. The archive data sets created by tar contain various file system parameters, such as time stamps, ownership, file access permissions, and directory organization.|
|Technical details||A tar archive file contains uncompressed byte streams of the files which it contains. To achieve archive compression, a variety of compression programs are available, such as gzip, bzip2, xz, lzip, lzma, or compress, which compress the entire tar archive.|
- 👍 What is the best TAR converter?
- AnyConv. Our TAR converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Archive files to TAR?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to TAR" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download TAR files.
- 🔻 How do i change TAR to another format?
- Upload your TAR-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". TAR conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use TAR converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert TAR files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv TAR Converter is a multi-platform web service.