Online TAR Converter
Select files for conversion or just drag and drop them to the upload area
Information about TAR file format
|Full name||TAR - Tape Archive|
|Developed by||Jean-loup Gailly|
|Type of format||File archiver|
|Description||In computing, tar is a computer software utility for collecting many files into one archive file, often referred to as a tarball, for distribution or backup purposes. The archive data sets created by tar contain various file system parameters, such as time stamps, ownership, file access permissions, and directory organization.|
|Technical details||A tar archive file contains uncompressed byte streams of the files which it contains. To achieve archive compression, a variety of compression programs are available, such as gzip, bzip2, xz, lzip, lzma, or compress, which compress the entire tar archive.|
- 👍 What is the best TAR converter?
- AnyConv. Our TAR converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Archive files to TAR?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to TAR" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download TAR files.
- 🔻 How do i change TAR to another format?
- Upload your TAR-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". TAR conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use TAR converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert TAR files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv TAR Converter is a multi-platform web service.