Online 3DS Converter
Choose files or drag & drop them here.
Only you have access to your files.
All files will be deleted after one hour.
Information about 3DS file format
|🔸 File format
|🔸 Full name
|Autodesk 3D Studio Max
|🔸 File extension
|🔸 MIME type
|🔸 Developed by
|🔸 Type of format
|3DS is one of the file formats used by the Autodesk 3ds Max 3D modeling, animation, and rendering software. It was the native file format of the old Autodesk 3D Studio DOS, which was popular until its successor replaced it in April 1996. Since 1990, it has grown to become a de facto industry standard for transferring models between 3D programs or storing models for 3D resource catalogs. While the 3DS format aims to provide an import/export format, retaining only essential geometry, texture, and lighting data, the related MAX format also contains extra information specific to Autodesk 3ds Max to allow a scene to be completely saved/loaded.
|🔸 Technical details
|3ds is a binary file format. The format is based on chunks, where each section of data is embedded in a block containing a chunk identifier and the length of the data and the data itself. This allows parsers to skip chunks they don't recognize and allows for extensions to the format. The chunks form a hierarchical structure, similar to an XML DOM tree. The first two bytes of the chunk are its ID. The parser can identify the chunk from that value and decide whether it will parse it or skip it. The next four bytes contain a little-endian integer that is the length of the chunk, including its data, the length of its sub-blocks, and the 6-byte header. The next bytes are the chunk's data, followed by the sub-chunks, in a structure that may extend to several levels deep.
|🔸 Associated programs
|AutoCAD, Unigraphics, SolidWorks.
- 👍 What is the best 3DS converter?
- Perhaps our 3DS converter is the best. AnyConv is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Mesh files to 3DS?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to 3DS" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download 3DS files.
- 🔻 How do i change 3DS to another format?
- Upload your 3DS-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". 3DS conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use 3DS converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert 3DS files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv 3DS Converter is a multi-platform web service.