Online DOT Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about DOT file format
|Full name||DOT, Microsoft Word Document Template File|
|Type of format||Document|
|Description||The DOT file extension is linked to the word processing application created by Microsoft Word. It is a template format consisting of pre-formatted settings, defining the header or footer of a document, margins, font style, size, and other common formatting styles known from word processing applications. DOT files enable the user to create multiple documents with the same formatting, giving them an identical or similar look. This is very useful for company correspondence via letters or memos and is often used for invoices.|
|Technical details||DOT is primarily associated with the 'Word' program, which the Microsoft Corporation developed. Some commonly used templates are already included in Microsoft's text processing application, but the user can create and save their ones. When opening and editing a DOT file, a copy is created when the user attempts to save the document. Thus, the template file itself, in most cases, stays untouched.|
|Associated programs||Microsoft Word 2013, Microsoft Works, Apache OpenOffice, Planamesa NeoOffice, Microsoft Word Viewer|
- 👍 What is the best DOT converter?
- AnyConv. Our DOT converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Document files to DOT?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to DOT" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download DOT files.
- 🔻 How do i change DOT to another format?
- Upload your DOT-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". DOT conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use DOT converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert DOT files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv DOT Converter is a multi-platform web service.