Online ICNS Converter
Select files for conversion or just drag and drop them to the upload area
Information about ICNS file format
|Full name||ICNS, Mac OS X Icon Resource File|
|Type of format||System|
|Description||Icon files used on MAc computers and other OS X devices use the file extension ICNS. These icon files are used to display a small image (icon) in the OSX Finder or dock, representative for an application which it is linked to. ICNS files support images in a variety of dimensions. They range from 16x16 pixels to 512x512 pixels. As of OS X Mountain Lion, ICNS files can support even bigger images, namely of the 1024x1024 pixels dimension.|
|Technical details||The content of the ICNS file typically consists of one or more images in the PNG format. This format is pretty handy as a base for the ICNS since it allows transparency. The ICNS file supports 1-bit as well as 8-bit alpha channels. What differentiates them from Windows' ICO files is that ICNS files can contain individual icon resources, thus acting more like a container file.|
|Associated programs||Adobe Photoshop with IconBuilder for Mac Plugin (Mac), Apple Preview (Mac), Axialis IconWorkshop (Windows), Folder Icon X (Mac), Icon Machine (Mac), Iconographer (Mac), Inkscape (Windows, Mac & Linux), Snap Converter (Mac), XnViewMP (Windows, Mac & Linux)|
- 👍 What is the best ICNS converter?
- AnyConv. Our ICNS converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Image files to ICNS?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to ICNS" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download ICNS files.
- 🔻 How do i change ICNS to another format?
- Upload your ICNS-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". ICNS conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use ICNS converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert ICNS files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv ICNS Converter is a multi-platform web service.