Online IGES Converter
Choose files or drag & drop them here.
Only you have access to your files.
All files will be deleted after one hour.
Information about IGES file format
|🔸 File format||IGES|
|🔸 Full name||Initial Graphics Exchange Specification|
|🔸 File extension||.iges|
|🔸 MIME type||application/iges|
|🔸 Developed by||Integrated Computer Aided Manufacturing (ICAM)|
|🔸 Type of format|
|🔸 Description||The Initial Graphics Exchange Specification (IGES) is a vendor-neutral file format that allows the digital exchange of information among computer-aided design (CAD) systems. For example, using IGES, a CAD user can exchange product data models in circuit diagrams, wireframes, freeform surfaces, or solid modeling representations. Applications supported by IGES include traditional engineering drawings, models for analysis, and other manufacturing functions.|
|🔸 Technical details||The chief advantage of IGES is that it is unencumbered by licensing, i.e., it's free, which is why it's still everywhere after all these years. But all meaningful development of IGES stopped in 1996 at version 5.3. So it's likely time to leave IGES behind for good. Especially in light of the continued evolution of STEP.|
|🔸 Associated programs||ACD Systems Canvas 12, Actify SpinFire Professional, Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor Fusion, ideaMK IGSViewer, IMSI TurboCAD Deluxe 18, Nemetschek VectorWorks|
- 👍 What is the best IGES converter?
- Perhaps our IGES converter is the best. AnyConv is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Mesh files to IGES?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to IGES" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download IGES files.
- 🔻 How do i change IGES to another format?
- Upload your IGES-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". IGES conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use IGES converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert IGES files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv IGES Converter is a multi-platform web service.