Online IGES Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about IGES file format
|Full name||Initial Graphics Exchange Specification|
|Developed by||Integrated Computer Aided Manufacturing (ICAM)|
|Type of format|
|Description||The Initial Graphics Exchange Specification (IGES) is a vendor-neutral file format that allows the digital exchange of information among computer-aided design (CAD) systems. Using IGES, a CAD user can exchange product data models in the form of circuit diagrams, wireframe, freeform surface or solid modeling representations. Applications supported by IGES include traditional engineering drawings, models for analysis, and other manufacturing functions.|
|Technical details||The chief advantage of IGES is that it is unencumbered by licensing, i.e. it’s free. Which is probably why it’s still everywhere after all these years. But all meaningful development of IGES stopped in 1996 at version 5.3. It’s likely time to leave IGES behind for good. Especially in light of continued evolution of STEP.|
|Associated programs||ACD Systems Canvas 12, Actify SpinFire Professional, Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor Fusion, ideaMK IGSViewer, IMSI TurboCAD Deluxe 18, Nemetschek VectorWorks|
- 👍 What is the best IGES converter?
- AnyConv. Our IGES converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Mesh files to IGES?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to IGES" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download IGES files.
- 🔻 How do i change IGES to another format?
- Upload your IGES-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". IGES conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use IGES converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert IGES files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv IGES Converter is a multi-platform web service.