Online XCF Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about XCF file format
|Full name||eXperimental Computing Facility|
|Developed by||eXperimental Computing Facility of the University of California at Berkeley|
|Type of format||Image File|
|Description||The XCF file format is an image file created by the GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP), a freely distributed image editing program. XCF files resemble a Photoshop PSD, supporting layers, channels, transparency, paths, and guides. The XCF file format is backward compatible (all versions of GIMP can open earlier versions' files) and, in some cases, forward compatible. However, using XCF for data interchange is not recommended by the developers of GIMP, as there may be format changes in future versions, and XCF reflects various internal data structures for GIMP.|
|Technical details||The XCF format is designed to store the entire part of the state of the Gimp that is specific to one image, apart from undoing data. An XCF file is a sequence of bytes that describes a stack of layers and channels on a canvas, which is effectively just a rectangular viewport for the layers and channels. It contains a series of data structures, with the main image structure coming at the very beginning of the file. The first 9 bytes of an XCF file are the ASCII string "gimp xcf".|
|Associated programs||CorelDraw, GIMP, XnViewMP|
- 👍 What is the best XCF converter?
- AnyConv. Our XCF converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Image files to XCF?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to XCF" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download XCF files.
- 🔻 How do i change XCF to another format?
- Upload your XCF-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". XCF conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use XCF converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert XCF files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv XCF Converter is a multi-platform web service.