Online GZ Converter
Choose files or drag & drop them here.
Only you have access to your files.
All files will be deleted after one hour.
Information about GZ file format
|🔸 File format||GZ|
|🔸 Full name||GZ, Gnu Zipped Archive File|
|🔸 File extension||.gz|
|🔸 MIME type||application/x-compressed, application/x-gzip|
|🔸 Developed by||The GNU Project|
|🔸 Type of format||Archive|
|🔸 Description||First released on 31st October 1992, GZ is an archive file format that is effectively brought into use to compress and decompress single or multiple files usually. It is most commonly used on Unix operating systems.|
|🔸 Technical details||For extensive use, the compressed archives are formulated by putting together a collection of files in a single TAR archive followed by compressing the archive with GZ. The resultant file is referred to as tarball. Even though it is similar to the ZIP format, it must not be confused with it.|
|🔸 Associated programs||Smith Micro StuffIt Deluxe 2010, Corel WinZip 18.5, 7-Zip, Xarchive, WinRAR 5|
Convert from GZ
- 👍 What is the best GZ converter?
- Perhaps our GZ converter is the best. AnyConv is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Archive files to GZ?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to GZ" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download GZ files.
- 🔻 How do i change GZ to another format?
- Upload your GZ-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". GZ conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use GZ converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert GZ files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv GZ Converter is a multi-platform web service.