Online IGS Converter
Select files for conversion or just drag and drop them to the upload area
Information about IGS file format
|Full name||Initial Graphics Exchange Specification|
|Developed by||Integrated Computer Aided Manufacturing (ICAM)|
|Type of format|
|Description||The Initial Graphics Exchange Specification (IGS) is a vendor-neutral file format that allows the digital exchange of information among computer-aided design (CAD) systems. Using IGS, a CAD user can exchange product data models in the form of circuit diagrams, wireframe, freeform surface or solid modeling representations. Applications supported by IGS include traditional engineering drawings, models for analysis, and other manufacturing functions.|
|Technical details||The chief advantage of IGS is that it is unencumbered by licensing, i.e. it’s free. Which is probably why it’s still everywhere after all these years. But all meaningful development of IGS stopped in 1996 at version 5.3. It’s likely time to leave IGS behind for good. Especially in light of continued evolution of STEP.|
|Associated programs||ACD Systems Canvas 12, Actify SpinFire Professional, Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor Fusion, ideaMK IGSViewer, IMSI TurboCAD Deluxe 18, Nemetschek VectorWorks|
- 👍 What is the best IGS converter?
- AnyConv. Our IGS converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Mesh files to IGS?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to IGS" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download IGS files.
- 🔻 How do i change IGS to another format?
- Upload your IGS-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". IGS conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use IGS converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert IGS files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv IGS Converter is a multi-platform web service.