Online MXF Converter
Select files for conversion or just drag and drop them to the upload area
Information about MXF file format
|Full name||MXF, Material Exchange Format File|
|Type of format||Video|
|Description||The best description of the MXF file extension (Material Exchange Format File) is that it is similar to an actual video tape, but it is in a newer digital format. The MXF file contains both the audio data and the digital data components that combine to create the overall complete video. The Society of Motion Picture an Television Engineers created the MXF file format to make it easier to work on the video files on different components, including servers, editing equipment that can handle digital files, cameras, etc. MXF files can also be easily converted to the AVI or MOV file types if needed.|
|Technical details||The MXF file is essentially a “container” file that contains multiple different streams that make up the video. These individual streams can be in several different compression formats. Before the MXF file extension was created, there was a great deal of inconsistency among file formats for digital video files. This was a significant problem, particularly for professionals in the field because they frequently had to work with sub standard video files and somehow make them appear more professional. The MXF file extension was created as a platform-agnostic solution. The MXF file is considered to be the current standard as well as the future of digital video files.|
|Associated programs||Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Windows, Mac), Avid Media Composer (Windows, Mac), Sony Vegas Pro 13 (Windows), Grass Valley Edius (Windows), Avid Pro Tools (Windows, Mac), Open Cube XFReader (Windows), OpenCube XFConverter (Windows), AmberFin MXF Desktop (Windows), VideoLAN VLC media player (Windows, Mac, Linux), Apple QuickTime Player (Mac)|
- 👍 What is the best MXF converter?
- AnyConv. Our MXF converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Video files to MXF?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to MXF" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download MXF files.
- 🔻 How do i change MXF to another format?
- Upload your MXF-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". MXF conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use MXF converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert MXF files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv MXF Converter is a multi-platform web service.