Online AIFF Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about AIFF file format
|Full name||AIFF - Audio Interchange File Format|
|File extension||.aiff, .aif, .aifc|
|MIME type||audio/x-aiff, audio/aiff|
|Developed by||Apple Inc.|
|Type of format||audio file format, container format|
|Description||Audio Interchange File Format (AIFF) is an audio file format standard used for storing sound data for personal computers and other electronic audio devices. The format was developed by Apple Inc. in 1988 based on Electronic Arts' Interchange File Format (IFF, widely used on Amiga systems) and is most commonly used on Apple Macintosh computer systems.|
|Technical details||The audio data in most AIFF files is uncompressed pulse-code modulation (PCM). This type of AIFF files uses much more disk space than lossy formats like MP3—about 10 MB for one minute of stereo audio at a sample rate of 44.1 kHz and a bit depth of 16 bits. There is also a compressed variant of AIFF known as AIFF-C or AIFC, with various defined compression codecs.|
- 👍 What is the best AIFF converter?
- AnyConv. Our AIFF converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Audio files to AIFF?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to AIFF" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download AIFF files.
- 🔻 How do i change AIFF to another format?
- Upload your AIFF-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". AIFF conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use AIFF converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert AIFF files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv AIFF Converter is a multi-platform web service.