Online DDS Converter
Select files for conversion or drag and drop them to the upload area.
Your files are securely protected and available only to you.
All files are automatically deleted from our servers after 1 hour.
Information about DDS file format
|Full name||DDS - Microsoft Direct Draw Surface|
|Type of format||texture files|
|Description||The DirectDraw Surface container file format (uses the filename extension DDS) is a Microsoft format for storing data compressed with the proprietary S3 Texture Compression (S3TC) algorithm, which can be decompressed in hardware by GPUs.|
|Technical details||The DirectDraw Surface format is useful for storing graphical textures and cubic environment maps as compressed and uncompressed data files. The Microsoft Windows file extension for this data format is '.dds'.|
|Associated programs||Adobe Photoshop|
- 👍 What is the best DDS converter?
- AnyConv. Our DDS converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Image files to DDS?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to DDS" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download DDS files.
- 🔻 How do i change DDS to another format?
- Upload your DDS-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". DDS conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use DDS converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert DDS files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv DDS Converter is a multi-platform web service.