Online DDS Converter
Choose files or drag & drop them here.
Only you have access to your files.
All files will be deleted after one hour.
Information about DDS file format
|🔸 File format||DDS|
|🔸 Full name||DDS - Microsoft Direct Draw Surface|
|🔸 File extension||.dds|
|🔸 MIME type||image/vnd.ms-dds|
|🔸 Developed by||Microsoft|
|🔸 Type of format||texture files|
|🔸 Description||The DirectDraw Surface container file format (uses the filename extension DDS) is a Microsoft format for storing data compressed with the proprietary S3 Texture Compression (S3TC) algorithm, which can be decompressed in hardware by GPUs.|
|🔸 Technical details||The DirectDraw Surface format is useful for storing graphical textures and cubic environment maps as compressed and uncompressed data files. The Microsoft Windows file extension for this data format is '.dds'.|
|🔸 Associated programs||Adobe Photoshop|
- 👍 What is the best DDS converter?
- Perhaps our DDS converter is the best. AnyConv is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Image files to DDS?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to DDS" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download DDS files.
- 🔻 How do i change DDS to another format?
- Upload your DDS-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". DDS conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use DDS converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert DDS files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv DDS Converter is a multi-platform web service.