Online DDS Converter
Select files for conversion or just drag and drop them to the upload area
Information about DDS file format
|Full name||DDS - Microsoft Direct Draw Surface|
|Type of format||texture files|
|Description||The DirectDraw Surface container file format (uses the filename extension DDS), is a Microsoft format for storing data compressed with the proprietary S3 Texture Compression (S3TC) algorithm, which can be decompressed in hardware by GPUs.|
|Technical details||The DirectDraw Surface format is useful for storing graphical textures and cubic environment maps as a data file, both compressed and uncompressed. The Microsoft Windows file extension for this data format is '.dds'.|
|Associated programs||Adobe Photoshop|
- 👍 What is the best DDS converter?
- AnyConv. Our DDS converter is fast, free and does not require software installation.
- 🔺 How to convert Image files to DDS?
- Choose files and upload them on the page. Select "to DDS" and click "Convert". After a few seconds, you can download DDS files.
- 🔻 How do i change DDS to another format?
- Upload your DDS-file on the page. Select target format and click "Convert". DDS conversion takes a few seconds.
- 📱 Can I use DDS converter on iPhone or iPad?
- Yes, you can convert DDS files from iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices, because AnyConv DDS Converter is a multi-platform web service.